Designed to take you further.
Our mileage guarantee has been designed to meet the needs of modern day passenger and SUV vehicles, increasing the life of the tyre.
Goodyear Optilife tyres features special tread compounds and equalised pressure distribution across the tyre footprint, providing more even tread wear and extended mileage which provides you with precise steering, outstanding grip and reduced tyre wear. To ensure you are getting the most out of your tyres, Goodyear Optilife tyres come with 50,000km mileage guarantee.
Kumho Tyre’s world-renowned quality is a result of a strong commitment to advanced design technology and drive to innovate. Their products deliver optimum performance, quality and most importantly safety which are the part of the Kumho Tyre promise. To ensure that you are going the distance, Kumho Tyres KH27, KL33, KL21 are eligible for 50,000km mileage guarantee while the KL51 and HT51 are eligible for 80,000km mileage guarantee.
How our mileage guarantee works
Purchase 2 or more Goodyear Optilife or selected Kumho Tyres* and a wheel alignment in one transaction and you automatically qualify for the mileage guarantee. To maintain your guarantee you must return your car to any one of over 250 stores nationwide every 10,000kms or every 6 months in accordance to our “Tyrelife Saver Program” which includes:
- FREE 4 wheel balances
- FREE Tyre rotation, performed if required
- FREE Tyre air pressure check.
Should your tyres tread wear out before the specified guarantee we will provide you with a pro-rata tread life credit towards the cost of new Goodyear Optilife or selected Kumho Tyres* or comparable replacement tyres.
* KH27, KL33, KL21 are eligible for 50,000km mileage guarantee. KL51 and HT51 are eligible for 80,000km mileage guarantee.
Keeping your mileage guarantee service simple
To keep things simple, we maintain the records of your mileage guarantee in our central database where both your original purchases as well as your free Tyrelife Saver Program visits are recorded to permit reference in the unlikely event your tyres wear prematurely. Your Mileage guarantee is managed and administered by Kmart Tyre & Auto Service and is in addition to your statutory rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
What’s covered by the guarantee
All Goodyear Optilife and selected Kumho Tyres sold and fitted by Kmart Tyre & Auto Service are guaranteed to provide a minimum of 50,000kms of serviceable tread wear life following a tyre wear indicator; “serviceable” means there is at least 1.6mm of even remaining tread. All services incurred as a consequence of any claims including fitting, wheel balancing, valve stems and old tyre disposal will be provided by Kmart Tyre & Auto Service at no additional cost. Additionally, your Mileage Guarantee is transferable, which means you have an added selling point should you decide to sell your vehicle sometime in the future. Just advise the purchaser to visit a Kmart Tyre & Auto Service store to update our records.
Terms and Conditions
- 50,000km warranty on Kumho Ecowing (KH27) tyres, Roadventure KL33 and KL21 tyres; 80,000km warranty on Kumho Roadventure KL51 and HT51 tyres; 50,000km warranty on Goodyear Optilife.
- To be eligible, 2 or more tyres must be purchased together with a wheel alignment. The tyres must be serviced in accordance with the free Tyrelife Saver program every 6 months or 10,000km (whichever occurs first).
- This guarantee involves refunding you a portion of the original purchase price based on the wear of each tyre. For example, if a tyre doesn’t have legal tread (>1.6 mm) at 90% of the guaranteed mileage then we will refund you 10% of the original purchase price.
- Tyres must not show signs of damage or abuse# including road hazard$ damage.
- The guaranteed mileage is halved for vehicles with staggered fitment because of the inability to rotate these tyres. Staggered fitment is defined as the rear wheels being bigger and/or wider than the front wheels.
- Offer is transferable to a new owner of the vehicle, provided the registration number of the vehicle is not changed.
- Offer does not apply to wholesale customers
- #Damage or abuse means that the tyre shows signs of vandalism, motor vehicle accident damage, under or over inflation, snow chain application, motorsport or competition use, burnouts, misalignment or mechanical problems.
- $Road hazard damage means damaged caused by pot holes, kerbs and punctures.